Wednesday, October 24, 2007

YUCKY!!....

Adyson just turned 4 months old on the 19th and we have started her on rice cereal! she absolutely hates it!!! I feel so bad. i try feeding her at least 3 times a day and follow with a bottle like the Doc said to. It just doesnt work with her. She will just cry the whole time!! The poor thing.... she thinks she is going to get a nice warm bottle, but nope, it is nasty cereal for her! We havent gotten through very many feedings because after about the 3rd bite she is screaming and the only thing she wants is a bottle. It is hilarious to watch. I will have to feed her when Mike is around next time so that he can video it. I was hoping that with her eating the rice cereal she would sleep better at night.......not so much! She still wakes up at least 3 times a night. She is teething right now though, so i guess if its not the hunger or the reflux keeping her up, its the pain of teething! i feel so bad for her.....and why do i feel like i have no idea what i am doing and that this is my first time with a baby!?!? Probably because Rylee was the easiest baby ever!!!! The Big Man upstairs has some nice tricks....if Adyson was my first, i would have thought long and hard about another baby. I guess he knows what he is doing, right? Okay, i just read through that and i wasnt trying to make it sound like Adyson is a really hard baby, but having Rylee as my first......i knew the next wouldn't be as easy. Well, that is what is knew with us. I finally bought a new camera so i will be posting a bunch of new pictures soon.

6 comments:

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

who do you have living upstairs???? Mike??? just kidding. that is how i am feeling my life is going to be with my next child. dane has been sooo easy that my next is bound to be harder.

Ashley Gaskell said...

yeah, it is so frustrating! also, i feel so bad for Rylee becuase when adyson has her bad days(like today)i cant spend time with rylee and then she acts up or just plays by herself:( its so sad!! i am hoping she will grow out of this relfux soon because i am just about out of solutions...and patience!

The Leavitt Family said...

Do you prop her bed up a little at night so she lays upright just a little? Jaxon has been such a good baby that I am scared this next one won't be the same. Carlie...are you announcing? haha

Candace said...

Bummer, I just started Cole on the rice cereal and carrots now and luckily I have not had a problem yet. Good luck.

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

Jo, how did you know? I am announcing... that i am NOT pregnant...yet.

ash- new post please... i need to see your kids halloween pics.

kristenlucy said...

hey ashley...of course i remember you!! your 2 girls are so precious!! i'm glad you found me :) i love the blogspot...it's such an easy way to keep in touch!