Monday, November 5, 2007

I've been tagged....

ok, so i have been tagged and now i get to share 7 things that describe who i am. the person that tagged me is carlie. you can see her 7 things at http://skinners05.blogspot.com/.


  1. i am a mother of 2 beautiful little girls and the wife of an amazing husband. they are my everything!! although they are an enormous amount of work and sometimes(ok, most of the time) i feel like i am losing my mind, i would not trade them for anything in the world!!! my babies are exactly 17 and a half months apart. it will be really nice to take a break from being pregnant and giving birth and actually enjoy being a mom and have fun with my family! i would have to say that one of my favorite things to do is just hang out with all of my family. we have so much fun....mostly because we are never serious.
  2. my maiden name, as most of you know, is slater.....or so you think! my family's real last name is wilcox!!!! what the.....???? yes, its true. my great great grandpa on my dad's side was working for a man with the last name of slater in canada and used his name to move to america. i have heard from my aunt that she has records and business cards from whore houses that he used to run in colorado!!!!! aren't those some fun facts!
  3. I LOVE FOOD!!!!! i love making all kinds of food and especially love to eat it! i have to say that i dont make a lot of my favorite things as much anymore simply because i am either exhausted or the kids are acting crazy. because of that, my wonderful and understanding husband lets me order out at least 3 times a week!!! i used to feel guilty, like, why cant i be the happy mom who has everything under control with a spotless house and fresh homemade meals on the dinner table every night and greet my husband with a kiss as he walks in the door???? his reasoning is that if it makes me less stressed then he doesnt care what i feed him for dinner....what a sweetie! i also love to eat out and mike does as well, so that is just perfect for me! one of our favorite things to do since we had Adyson is go out on the weekends and try new restaurants...with out kids! right now our favorite one is MESA Grill in the Ceasars Palace. Awesome food and atmosphere!! a must try!
  4. i am addicted to nighttime tv shows!!!! i know it is so dumb, but i just love them all! some of my favs are desperate housewifes, the hills, boston legal, the office, greys anatomy, scrubs, friday night lights, the soup....just to name a few! even though i record all the shows i still stay up to watch them....i just cant tear myself away!
  5. one thing that i absolutely love is that mike and i have such a good time remodeling our house! not that it really needed it, but it is so much fun(most of the time)to see all of our projects turn out the way we imagined. we are big time do-it-yourselfers! we completely gutted the front yard(all 2300 sq ft of it!!!) all the ugly rock and bushes and we laid sod and planted a bunch of trees and laid brick steps.....and some other stuff. one of our fav ones is our backyard which is still in the process of being finished. the back was gutted as well and in its place we put in a pool and an area for our future patio and balcony. we FINALLY finished the entertainment center that we started when i was pregnant with Rylee!!! those are just a few of our projects.....there are still plenty that are "under construction"! i would love to be able to flip houses....a fun hobby and if i could make some extra cash at it then that would be great too!!!
  6. this is one thing that a lot of people find to be very funny and most dont ever believe it. my mothers maiden name is BALLS!! yep, that's right! our family must have a sense of humor to have that kind of a name......and to have relatives with the names Ruby, Pearl, HARRY!!!! fun times at the Balls' !!
  7. if we had the money we would definately be traveling all over the world probably all the time! i love seeing new places and experiencing new things and cultures and since mike is a photographer it is our excuse to travel!!:) and if we had some of that money left over.....i would buy all the land i could!!! i want to live on a ranch and have an amazing garden and just be able to enjoy the beautiful scenery!

well, there you have it! so, here are the very lucky people who are now tagged and get to share a little bit about them!

amber carmen http://carmanclan.blogspot.com/

ashley swapp http://theswappfamily.blogspot.com/

eryka

candace stucki http://candacestucki.com/blog/

jamie braithwaite http://fambee.blogspot.com/

brianna

kari

Now you get to share 7 things about you, put on a link to my page (like I did to carlie's) and tag 7 other people by listing their names on your blog as well as leaving comments on their blogs.

6 comments:

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

good job... glad you took my advice....and respoded to the tag j/k. haha balls, thats funny!

Anonymous said...

i am addicted to way TOO MANY tv shows too!! i can't stop.:)

Candace said...

Yikes. I will try and do this but just plan on it taking me a little while to figure seven things out.

I know how you feel about the dinners. We end up eating out a few nights a week also. Sometimes you really enjoy the food more when you didn't have to make it.

OuR LiTtLe FaM said...

I love reading your blog! It is so cute... and your family is so beautiful! Okay so I saw that I was tagged, and since I was also tagged by Libby Miracle I responded to both of you in my blog! Thanks for the tag and don't worry i will think of a good one here soon and get you back! hehe! :)

Jek said...

Of course you can add me to your blog. Now we can keep in touch more! I hope you are well!

Jek said...

Of course you can add me to your blog. Now we can keep in touch more! I hope you are well!