Tuesday, August 19, 2008

In memory of Aimee...

I was going to have the title be "happy anniversary", but that just didnt sound right. :) It was 2 years ago today that my older sister Aimee passed away. we all went to the cemetery tonight and brought about a million flowers to put on her headstone....seriously, there was a ton. i took a picture because it looked so pretty, but i always forget how to upload the pictures and mike is in san diego doing video shoot. so that picture will have to come later when he can help me because i am really retarted. it is still so hard to have her gone and i am sure that it will never get any easier. i am just grateful for the time that we did have with her, and i know that she is working hard on the other side!
...... after we left the cemetery, we went and got frozen yogurt. this was the best frozen yogurt that i have had in a LONG time!! i dont remember the name, but it just opened by the coscto in aliante. i know this sounds really dumb, but this is one thing that i have been craving my whole pregnancy and i finally got to satisfy it!!

2 comments:

jamieBEE said...

WOW - has it really been 2 years! I love your fam and still am amazed at how much fun you all were having at the hospital that night. You guys sure have been through a LOT and handle it so well. We LOVE YOU!

Lynds said...

I've been thinking about Aimee alot lately. It seems that the month of August I can't get her off my mind. I still remember the shock of it all and can remember every detail of the hospital. But the good thing, is that I can remember the details of all the things Aimee is famous for. Her potty mouth :), cooking, quilting (Tyson's first quilt), and so on. Steph still brings up stories all the time, and we laugh at how dumb she and Steph were, like cereal diets in high school etc... My mom showed me a picture of Nuts and Lara at the cemetary where Lara read a letter, boy I would have loved to have been there :)